[Savannah-hackers] submission of Chivas Is a Vov ASsembler -

From: paolino . gnu
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Chivas Is a Vov ASsembler -
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:30:38 -0500

A package was submitted to

Paolo Gianrossi <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Chivas Is a Vov ASsembler
System name: chivas
Type: GNU

Chivas is a VOV Assembler. It is a virtual machine emulator that emulates an
educational architecture called VOV. Vov may be used to teach computer
architecture and basics of assembly programming to undergraduate students.
Chivas is written in GNU C, with a Flex and Bison parser. It will use the
readline library and possibly ncurses. It already uses getopt_long for parsing
command line arguments. You can parse either from the standard input or one or
many files passed as arguments. The parser fills the "memory", and then program
is executed.

We are looking forward to add interactive support through readline.

 Right now, some of the functions could find a better location, and probably
style isn't at its best, but we're working on it and all should be a lot better
shortly. A pre-working version may be found at
http://yersinia.org/homes/paolino/projects/chivas-devel.tar.gz .

Other Software Required:
Chivas will use the readline library and possibly ncurses.

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/