[Savannah-hackers] submission of Jambo -

From: fsfe-frank
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Jambo -
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 09:04:57 -0500

A package was submitted to

Frank de Lange <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Jambo
System name: jambo
Type: GNU

Jambo is a small, fast and relatively full-featured web browser. Source code is
currently in the form of a patch to the Dillo (http://www.dillo.org) browser,
and can be found at http://www.geocities.com/ikbenfrank/. My intention was to
join the Dillo project, but over time (about half a year) it became clear that
this project is not willing or able to accept new developers. Dillo itself got
started from the ashes of Ralph Levien's Gzilla browser project.

There are currently at least two developers for the Jambo project (including
myself). The intention is to produce a small, fast, standards-compliant browser
which can be used on low-memory  and limited-function platforms (handhelds,
kiosk applications, old hardware, etc.). This goal has already been
accomplished for a large part by the Gzilla and Dillo projects. Jambo will pick
up where Dillo seems to be stuck.

All code is currently under the GPL. I intend Jambo to become a GNU project.

Other Software Required:
No non-standard dependencies yet. SSL support currently uses OpenSSL (BSD
licensed)

Other Comments:
As stated, Jambo is currently no more than a big patch to Dillo. The name
'Jambo' is Swahili for 'Hello'. As in 'Hello, I want to look at this site
please...'. Or something similar.

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/