[Savannah-hackers] Timeouts?

From: Edwin Van de Grift
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Timeouts?
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 21:07:52 +0100

Hi,

I am trying to get a copy of the gcc source for the first time, after
having set up CVS on my (w2k) machine. It seems however that I cannot
access the server, as the only thing I'm seeing is timeouts when I try to
login. What I do is the following:

cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gcc login

After being prompted for the password, I hit <enter>, after which the
response I get looks like this:

cvs [export aborted]: connect to subversions.gnu.org(199.232.41.2):2401
failed: Connection timed out

Is this to be expected at times, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Edwin W. van de Grift