[Savannah-hackers] status report

From: Bradley M. Kuhn
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] status report
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 18:58:15 -0500

Attached is a statement that I just uploaded to the site.  After Mathieu
gave us that help today (thanks so much!), we got stuck dealing with some
strange Apache problems related to the chroot, and that held us up for a
while.

We have a few more things to do regarding the cvsroot chroots to make cvs
commit access work.  We decided (since no one was around on the channel to
ask for a consensus) to hold off until we have that working.  There didn't
seem much point in giving people the website access if they can't commit
to their projects once they get their ssh keys installed.

Paul believes he has a good chance to get the cvs commit process working
by early tomorrow morning (EST).  However, just to be safe side, I've made
a hard deadline of Tuesday morning in the announcement.  If Paul's work
goes as plan, everyone who read the announcement will be pleasantly
surprised when things are working earlier than predicted.

We will make the Tuesday deadline.  I am committed to staying up all
night Monday to do it if that's what it takes.  I don't think it will
come to that, though -- thanks to Mathieu's help today, we are very very
close.

I'll send a message Monday morning to tell you where things stand from our
point of view.  Please don't change anything without coordinating with
corvus and rao first as things are in an incomplete state right now.
Thanks!

   -- bkuhn
--
Learn more about my work for FSF and how you can help:
     http://svcs.affero.net/rm.php?r=bkuhn&p=FSF