[Savannah-hackers] Re: Adding your SSHv2 keys ot savannah

From: John Darrington
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Adding your SSHv2 keys ot savannah
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 08:47:53 +0800

     Richard Stallman wrote:

     > The announcement doesn't say how to do this, and I do not know.  I
     > suspect that many people do not know.  Would you please send another
     > announcement saying how?

     You do so via the "Edit the SSH Public Key(s) Registered" link from the
     https://savannah.gnu.org/account/ page.

Actually, I had some problems before this worked for me.  I think it
was due to my browser automatically line wrapping the key, thus
corrupting it.  I tried with Mozilla and with IE5.  Eventually I used
lynx and it worked with that.

I think it'd be a good idea to modify the "Edit SSH Public Key" page
so that it has a button to import from a file rather than rely on
cutting and pasting.

Also, I think it'd be a good idea to advise people to put :
Host savannah.gnu.org
        Protocol 2
        PreferredAuthentications publickey

in their ~/.ssh/config file.  And perhaps to mention that when using
CVS, they should be prompted for a `passphrase' --- if you get asked
for a `password', then something's wrong.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3
See http://wwwkeys.pgp.net or any PGP keyserver for public key.