[Savannah-hackers] Patch to new project registration info

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Patch to new project registration info
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2003 15:46:54 -0500

Would you please install this patch?  The first part clarifies our
aims; the second clarifies the meaning of free software.

cd ~/
diff -c /home/rms/savannah.register.\~1\~ /home/rms/savannah.register
*** /home/rms/savannah.register.~1~     Thu Dec 25 15:34:17 2003
--- /home/rms/savannah.register Thu Dec 25 15:48:32 2003
***************
*** 1,6 ****
  New Project Registration

! You are welcome to host your project in Savannah if it falls within one of
these 4 groups:

  Software Project

--- 1,10 ----
  New Project Registration

! Savannah is a hosting facility for the free software movement.  Our
! mission is to spread the freedom to copy and modify software.
!
! You are welcome to host your project in Savannah if it falls within
! one of these 4 groups:

  Software Project

***************
*** 101,110 ****
  Free Software/Rights to Code

  You will be presented with a choice of Free Software licenses for your
! project. You will still be the owner of the content of your
! project. However, all these licenses give the freedom to anyone to
! use, copy, study from the source code and modify the software it
! contains.

  If you wish to use another license that is not listed, let us know and
  we will review these requests on a case-by-case basis.
--- 105,115 ----
  Free Software/Rights to Code

  You will be presented with a choice of Free Software licenses for your
! project.  For hosting on Savannah, you must use one of these licenses.
! You will be the copyright holder of the text you write for your
! project, but these licenses give the freedom to anyone to use, study,
! copy, and distribute the source code and distribute modified versions
! of it.

  If you wish to use another license that is not listed, let us know and
  we will review these requests on a case-by-case basis.

Diff finished at Thu Dec 25 15:48:37