[Savannah-hackers] submission of Cynthiune - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Wolfgang
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Cynthiune - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:41:56 -0500

Wolfgang Sourdeau <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Cynthiune
System name: cynthiune
Type: non-GNU

Cynthiune is an extensible and romantic MP3 and Ogg player that I started last
year as a christmas gift for a girl that I liked so that she could listen to
the music I copied for her. She was using MacOS X and no such free software
player was existing for that platform yet so I decided to write one. Although
for MacOSX, I developed that program on GNU/Linux and GNUstep as my primary
platform. Now, the MacOSX part is even outdated, although I think it'd be nice
to make them work again. From a usability p.o.v., it is very similar to XMMS
although far simpler and with only the essential playing features (no skins, no
effects plugins yet).

The programmatic aim is to provide a good quality free software that works for
what it pretends to do. No known bugs are currently left, publicizing it will
probably reveal other bugs though.

It requires the libmad and libid3tag from the mad project as well as the
ogg-vorbis libraries.
http://organact.mine.nu/~wolfgang/Cynthiune-0.9.tar.gz

Other Software Required:
the GNUstep core. gui and back libraries (http://www.gnustep.org/)