[Savannah-hackers] submission of TorrentTrader - savannah.nongnu.org

From: info
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of TorrentTrader - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 19:14:31 -0500

Moritz Naumann <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: TorrentTrader
System name: torrenttrader
Type: non-GNU

TorrentTrader is a Tracker for the BitTorrent protocol. It acts as an interface
between seeders (hosts) and leechers (clients) and is the preferred way to
initiate and keep up file transfers via this protocol.
TorrentTrader 1.0 will be the follow-up of PHPTracker 2.0. The name change is
due to copyright reasons.

Programming language: PHP
OS platforms supported: *nix (Win32/64 planned, possibly Mac OS)
Current version 1.0 alpha 4

Please read:
http://www.bittorrentportal.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=494
http://www.btportal.hawkies-world.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=583

Demo:
http://torrenttrader.kicks-ass.org/torrenttrader/
user: admin, pass: admin123

Source codes:
http://torrenttrader.kicks-ass.org/releases/torrenttrader.v1.0.alpha4.zip

Other Software Required:
Requirements for TorrentTrader 1.0 alpha versions:

    * Linux operating systems (others may work but are not supported nor
recommended at alpha stage)
    * Apache webserver (others may work but are not supported nor recommended
at alpha stage)
    * Apache module mod_rewrite
    * PHP version 4.3.0 or higher as an Apache module (the CGI wrapper may work
but is not supported at alpha stage)
    * MySQL 3.0 or higher

Other Comments:
We will not upload any GIF images (although contained in the last alpha version
of TorrentTrader) to Savannah in case we are granted access. Instead we will
create JPG and PNG images to replace any GIF images currently in use and make a
new public release.

FYI: This signup page, https://savannah.nongnu.org/register/basicinfo.php ,
links to http://www.gnu.org/software/java/ which returns a 404.

  Message sent via/by Savannah