[Savannah-hackers] Trouble accessing webcvs: "Invalid CVSROOT\ncvs check

From: Georg C. F. Greve
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Trouble accessing webcvs: "Invalid CVSROOT\ncvs checkout: invalid data from cvs server"
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 18:29:23 +0100

Hi all,

first I'd like to thank everyone who worked on getting savannah back
up. It must have been a lot of work I'm sure -- I hope you still had
some Christmas and a good New Years party.

Back to work. After the new setup of savannah, I wanted to work on the
Brave GNU World web pages since there is a backlog of several issues
waiting to be published by now.

Given the new setup, I tried to do a fresh checkout with the
parameters described on savannah, but even though I have registered
Protocol 2 SSH keys for some time now (in fact SSH appears to work).

Here is the output I see:

 cvs -t -z3 -d address@hidden:/webcvs/bravegw checkout bravegw
  -> parse_cvsroot ( address@hidden:/webcvs/bravegw )
  -> main loop with address@hidden:/webcvs/bravegw
  -> safe_location( where=(null) )
  -> Starting server: ssh savannah.gnu.org -l greve cvs server
 Invalid CVSROOT
 cvs checkout: invalid data from cvs server

I've tried all useful permutations I could think of with the same
result. Any idea what the problem is?

Regards,
Georg

P.S. The problem is identical for the FSF Europe web pages.

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <address@hidden>
Free Software Foundation Europe                  (http://fsfeurope.org)