Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS on savannah

From: Hugo Gayosso
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: CVS on savannah
Date: 09 Jan 2004 01:15:34 -0500

Gerald Pfeifer <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> > However, there seems one (hopefully) minor issue left:
> >
> >   Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 22:47:41 +0100
> >   From: Erik Schnetter <address@hidden>
> >   To: address@hidden
> >   Subject: tree-ssa branch on savannah
> >
> >   I am unable to check out the tree-ssa branch from savannah, while the
> >   main branch works fine.  I receive the error message
> >
> >   $ cvs -z9 -d :ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gcc checkout -P
> >   - -rtree-ssa-20020619-branch gcc
> >   cvs [server aborted]: cannot write /cvsroot/gcc/CVSROOT/val-tags:
> >   Permission denied
> >
> > Would you mind having a look?
>
> Actually, there is another one, which others reported previously, but
> which may not have been clear for someone not closely familiar with GCC.
>
> The GCC CVS repository contains more than one module, at least gcc (the
> compiler proper) and wwwdocs (the web pages and scripts) are relevant.
>
> The latter is completely missing from savannah, and of the former, only
> a single directory is present (name the directory called gcc) where there
> should be many further directories and files in the top level.
>

> My guess is that in your invocation of rsync, somewhere you have one
> "/gcc" too much, for example "/cvs/gcc/gcc" instead of "/cvs/gcc" --
> or something along these lines.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Gerald

These are the commands used to do the rsync, I don't see any
"/cvs/gcc", so could you please point out what could be wrong as I am
not familiar with the setup.

rsync -z -rltgoD --delete --exclude '#cvs\.*' --exclude '/CVSROOT/*'
rsync://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-cvs/ /savannah/cvsroot/gcc/cvsroot/gcc/

rsync --archive --exclude '#cvs\.*' --include '/val-tags' --include
'/history' --exclude '/*' rsync://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-cvs/CVSROOT/
/home/gccrsync/cvsroot/

cp /home/gccrsync/cvsroot/history
/savannah/cvsroot/gcc/cvsroot/gcc/CVSROOT/history

cp /home/gccrsync/cvsroot/val-tags
/savannah/cvsroot/gcc/cvsroot/gcc/CVSROOT/val-tags

- --
Hugo Gayosso
GNU Savannah Support