[Savannah-hackers] Re: New user registration

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: New user registration
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 07:34:18 +0100

Kenichi Handa <address@hidden> said:

> In article <address@hidden>, address@hidden writes:
>
>> A new user has registered on Savannah.
>
>> User Full Name:   YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
>> User Name:   mituharu
>> User Email:   address@hidden
>
>> Project Full Name:   emacs
>> Project System Name: emacs
>> Project page:        https://savannah.gnu.org//projects/emacs
>
>> Message from user:
>
>> I'd like to request inclusion for becoming a member of the "emacs" group in
>> order to commit the image support patch for Carbon Emacs that I recently
>> posted to emacs-devel ML.
>
>> You receive this email because you are registered as an administrator of
>> this project and the system has been configured to send emails to
>> administrators when new users register.
>
>> Please login and go to the page
>> https://savannah.gnu.org//project/admin/useradmin.php?group_id=40
>> and approve this new pending user, so he/she can obtain full functionality
>> on the web site.
>
> Although I'm one of core developpers of Emacs, I didn't know
> that I'm an administrator of this project, and I have
> thought that I don't have a right to register a new user.
> At least I haven't heard from Richard (RMS) about that.

You are not administrator on the project savannah, so you cannot
really approve/discard the request.

I'll look into the bug that made you receiving a mail that should be
sent theoretically only to project administrators, since naturally,
only project leaders should be able to approve/reject membership of
someone in a project.

  | General Homepage:           http://yeupou.coleumes.org/             |
  | Computing Homepage:         http://alberich.coleumes.org/           |
  | Not a native english speaker:                                       |
  |     http://stock.coleumes.org/doc.php?i=/misc-files/flawed-english  |