Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] update requested
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:59:36 -0500

I haven't been able to go trought the archive, due to unforseen
circumstances: corrupted my partion table Friday night, wasn't home on
Saturday, am doing backups today, have to reinstall systeem tomorrow.

I'll answer this mail though.  The answers I haven't answer later on.

On Sat, Feb 14, 2004 at 02:38:19PM +0100, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here is a summary :) I tried to order by priority. Each time, the
> problem refers to a mail to the mailing-list, or a bug/support request.
>
> It would also be nice for me to be able to edit support requests.

I've set the right permissions for this.

> * www.gnu.org projects cannot use their CVS repository; we need to know
> if it is back, and what is the new repository path
> (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00105.html
> and
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00114.html).
> The CVS HTML page at https://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=gnutls, for
> example, should be updated, since the cvs "instruction set" is missing.

cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/webcvs/www co www
does an anonymous checkout of the gnu webpages.

(I would have to invesitage it further)

> * Fix the mailing-lists creation
> (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00073.html)

> * Reactivate the cvs repository tarballs
> (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00099.html
> and
> http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00096.html).
> Maybe could we also use bzip2 instead of gzip long the way?
>
> * Replace zonecheck's CVS repository with
> ftp://ftp.nic.fr/pub/mirror/zonecheck/zonecheck-cvs.tar.bz2, once it is
> signed
> (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00115.html)

Done

> * Is there an estimation on when projects registration can be processed
> again?

I have no idea...

> * Check why there are problems with gcc's repository when using tags.
> It seems that making val-tags from CVSROOT may be a solution
> (https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102807)

> * Check the Python error at
> http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gcc/gcc/?only_with_tag=gcc_3_2_3_release
>
> (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00097.html).
> It seems it is not related the problem above, since it does not happen with
> mldonkey.
>
> * Check why the 'Beuc2' account was deleted. It may be a bug in
> Savannah, but since having 2 accounts is not very fair for one person,
> I wanted to know whether anybody deleted it manually.
> (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00081.html)
>
> * The e-mail notification is not properly working: some users cannot
> receive lost passwords (check
> https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102802)
>
> * Cc notification in support requests are not received; there is a bug
> request in the savannah group about that (I do receive notification
> when I submit a bug, though). It makes me hard for me to check support
> requests.
> (https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=102802)
>
> * Provide a way for users to delete their account

> * (or) send a e-mail to the address of the account 'colossal', check
> whether this person definitely want its account to be deleted, and
> delete it by hand
> (http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers/2004-02/msg00113.html)
>

> and some presentation:
>
> * The "Help Support" link is misunderstood by several visitors, who
> post help request about a specific project
>
> * I was adviced to put a notice about the fact new project
> registrations cannot be processed.

Now that you are in the project, can you post an item?  I'll then
aprove it (this has to be done trough the database.

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org