Re: [Savannah-hackers] Problem with stale lock

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Problem with stale lock
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 21:41:53 +0100

I have been trying to reproduce the problem, with no luck.
The cvs repository and lock dirs seem perfectly ok.

You mentioned it first locked when using the command line. Since it is the easiest method to reproduce, can you detail me which commands you used?

If you want, I can remove the processes and lock, then you try to make cvs hang yet another time, and then I try to reproduce the problem using the same commands.

--
Sylvain

David Kastrup wrote:
I am afraid that can't be the whole story.  I have been able to check
in everything else after you lifted the lock.  Only then did I try
latex.el again.

It hangs, again.  I am almost afraid that the archive might have a
problem.  I'd be playing around for finding out, but the turnaround
times when things lock up are not to be sneezed at.