[Savannah-hackers] CVS problem: cvs: hash.c:312

From: Malo Pichot
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] CVS problem: cvs: hash.c:312
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 09:28:11 +0000

I'm in charge of the documentation of the XML repository (SDX) project :
https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/sdx/
http://www.nongnu.org/sdx/

I've a problem with CVS :
cvs commit AbstractIDGenerator.html
cvs: hash.c:312: findnode: Assertion `key != ((void *)0)' failed.
cvs [server aborted]: received abort signal

I found the error. The documentation contain a "javadoc" documentation.
And this file (AbstractIDGenerator.html) is the html "javadoc" documentation of the "AbstractIDGenerator.class". This class has exist, suppressed from the project, and we want to re-add it in. The problem for CVS is that the developers has changed the case of the name :

  Before : AbstractIdGenerator.class
-------------------^^
  Today : AbstractIDGenerator.class
------------------^^

I've searched in CVS project to solve the problem. I've found this :

"[...]To solve, rename the version being committed to the original
filename, or delete the original from the repository. I think it may be
possible for the clash to occur even if the original was removed from
the repository, and a manual delete within the source tree may be
necessary."

Is it possible for you to delete the file ?
sdx/sdx/docs/html/doc-sdx2/apidocs/fr/gouv/culture/sdx/documentbase/Attic/AbstractIdGenerator.html

Thank's,
--
Malo Pichot
AJLSM