Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah upgrade

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah upgrade
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 04:14:22 -0500

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 10:37:12PM +0100, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> We currently use savannah DEV_2003-09-05_CERN, and we experience
> several issues that were fixed since then, eg some absence of
> notification and error in the 'attach mailing-list' feature.
>
> Could we upgrade to the latest Savane?

No.

> Also, some files from the savannah installation at savannah.gnu.org are
> not in sync with the repository. When updating a copy of the frontend
> directory:
> ? php/tmp
> ? php/include/smtp.inc
> ? php/mail/admin/test.php // this is my test for PHP networking issue
> M php/account/change.php // seems gpg addition for file upload
> M php/account/lostpw-confirm.php // We will get a lot of these in the
>  // coming days let's not send to hackers.
>  // address@hidden
> M php/admin/approve-pending.php // Disabled by corvus, 22 December
> M php/include/sendmail.php // Modified to use SMTP by address@hidden
>
> So we must be careful when upgrading.

Yes.  We should inspect the locally changed files and commit them to
the branch.

Just upgrading to savanne isn't that easy as you would think.  We will
have to get Savannah working first.  Then we will see.

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org