[Savannah-hackers] Re: Looking for Research Data

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Looking for Research Data
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 11:04:01 -0500

It isn't useful for us to spend our effort on a study that will
describe our work as "open source".

Now, if we could make him aware of free software, and if we could
bring it about that his report might help spread awareness of the free
software movement, that might be worth a little effort.

Talking with him about this is very delicate.  I have experience and
succeed perhaps half the time.  So please leave it to me to do that.
Please let me be the only one to speak with him, for now.