[Savannah-hackers] [support #103002] can't remove files starting with -

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #103002] can't remove files starting with - from cvs
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 17:02:11 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103002] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Tue 04/13/04 at 21:01 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
         Assigned to | None                      | Beuc

Hello,

I will check with the sysadmins whether we can upgrade our CVS server. By the
way, does a 'cvs commit' without specified filename work?

[support #103002] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: 0
On: Tue 04/13/04 at 00:44

Category:  None

Original Submission:  In /webcvs/texinfo, I needed to remove some files
starting with a hyphen after my recent release.  One such:
/webcvs/texinfo/texinfo/manual/info-stnd/html_node/--apropos.html

Although cvs rm works to mark the file for deletion, cvs commit reports various
error messages when I try to actually do it.  I tried many methods, for example:
$ cvs com -m. -- --apropos.html
cvs server: invalid option -- -
<usage msg>
$ cvs com -m. ./--apropos.html
cvs server: invalid option -- -
<usage msg>

In talking about this with Jim Meyering, he found that with a more recent
version of cvs than the 1.11.1p1 currently running on savannah, it worked fine.
 He tried both 1.12.5 and 1.12.6.

Any information, advice, or upgrades gratefully received :).

Thanks,
Karl

Follow-up Comments

Date: Tue 04/13/04 at 21:01         By: Beuc
Hello,

I will check with the sysadmins whether we can upgrade our CVS server. By the
way, does a 'cvs commit' without specified filename work?

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103002>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/