Re: [Savannah-hackers] symlink

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] symlink
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 12:34:36 +0200

On 2004.04.26 13:17, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
On Monday 26 Apr 2004 00:37, D. E. Evans wrote:
>    > /software/gettext/manual/gettext.html which should have a
>    > symbolic link of /software/gettext/manual/index.html pointing
>    > it.)
>
>    Sylvain has contacted the sysadmins about this, but I thought
>    I'd mention that (right now) savannah-hackers don't have
>    access to the machine that run's www.  [non]gnu.org, so it
>    might be quicker if you contact address@hidden directly (and
>    Cc: us) as they (and perhaps webmasters@, I don't know) have
>    direct access to the box. :)
>
> Is the replication script that pulls from CVS (and also creates
> the symbolic links) also on the webserver?

I'd guess so. Though, as I don't have access to the machine that runs the webserver, I can't say for sure (address@hidden or webmasters@ would know for sure). It certainly isn't on savannah. [non]gnu.org ;)

Such script are usually made so that no distant write access is allowed (pull and not push). In this case however, I wonder how one can make real-time synchronization without write access. I asked for more information so we will know soon.

Since D. E. Evans is among the administrators of project 'www' I guess only sysadmin know about the replication script.

--
Sylvain