[Savannah-hackers] [support #102856] Lynx mailing-lists

From: Sylvain Beucler
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:18:45 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #102856] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Mon 04/26/04 at 19:18 (Europe/Paris)

address@hidden will stop working.
address@hidden will work instead.
The problem is that some people may still use the old e-mail so you may want
to warn them before we proceed to the change.

I do not expect anything else :)

[support #102856] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Lynx Project administrator
On: Mon 02/23/04 at 06:06

Category:  None

Original Submission:  The "How to post" paragraph here:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/mail/?group=lynx

for the lynx-dev mail list gives "address@hidden" as the posting address:

How can we change this text?
Mail to "address@hidden" bounces.  Mail to "address@hidden" reaches the list.

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Mon 04/26/04 at 18:48         By: dickey
What problems will we run into when we change the setup?

Date: Mon 04/26/04 at 18:28         By: Beuc
I am now able to move lynx-dev from @gnu.org to @nongnu.org.
I do not do it right now so you have the time to warn people.
Tell me when you are ready so we can change the setup and make a test.

Date: Sun 03/14/04 at 20:33         By: Beuc
You can change the @nongnu.org using the mailman admin interface:
http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/admin/lynx-dev
(in the bottom of the page, "Host name this list prefers for email").
That is the only parameter I changed.

Date: Sun 03/14/04 at 04:39         By: lynx-dev-adm
Okay, though this is not good news.  I have the list set so that the outgoing
address is @nongnu.org .  I will have to change that to @gnu.org until this is
fixed.  Readers can't reply to the list unless outgoing mail comes from the
valid (but in the long term incorrect) address.

Date: Sat 03/13/04 at 16:10         By: Beuc
Unfortunately I have no priviledges on mailing lists administration, so I
cannot fix it myself; besides, all mailing-lists are currently not working well
(several days delay), so expect a little while before this request is processed
by the sysadmins :/

Date: Fri 03/12/04 at 08:46         By: lynx-dev-adm
Mail to address@hidden still bounces.  Mail to address@hidden doesn't bounce,
and may be delivered eventually.
The nongnu.org list is broken.  Since that's the one that we're supposed to be
using, I'd really like to get it working within the next week or two.

Date: Mon 03/01/04 at 21:01         By: Beuc
I tried to move the mailing-list using the priviledges I have, but I failed.
All I could do was changing 'gnu' to 'nongnu' in the ML presentation.

You will have to wait for sysadmins to check the mailing-list directly. I
already asked them, but they still have a lot to do about the crack recovery,
so it may take a while.

About the password, I did not change it. If both of you still cannot log in,
then I guess my little gnu2nongnu change had a side effect on password; in that
case, I will create a new one and send it to you using a GPG key.

Date: Sun 02/29/04 at 11:32         By: Beuc
I meant address@hidden

Date: Sat 02/28/04 at 22:58         By: Beuc
I just got rights to administrate mailing-lists. I think I moved lynx-dev from
gnu to nongnu.org. I could not find a way to remove lynx-user, but I noted it
as 'to be deleted'.

Can you try whether address@hidden is ok?

Date: Fri 02/27/04 at 07:49         By: Beuc
I asked the admins, but I did not get a reply yet.
I'll check if it is possible to move it manually.
Unfortunately, there is also an issue when creating new mailing-list, so it may
take a while.
By the way, I closed your other support request since it was already submitted.
See support #102659

Date: Fri 02/27/04 at 06:04         By: lynx-dev-adm
Just after the project was added, I followed the project's administration
menus: Administration, then Mailing Lists, then Add Mailing List.  The site
returned an error, so we submitted a support request about it.  I recall that
someone added the two lists in manually.  The second list, address@hidden,
should be deleted.
I agree that the list should be changed to address@hidden  How soon can this be
done?  We were almost ready to start using it.
Thanks,

Bob

Date: Tue 02/24/04 at 13:00         By: Beuc
Since Lynx is not part of the GNU project (at least says
http://www.gnu.org/directory/lynx.html), the mailing-lists should be instead at
nongnu.org.

There is something wrong. Could you tell me when and how address@hidden and
address@hidden were created?

CC List
-------

CC Address                          | Comment
dickey --AT-- invisible-island --DOT-- net | Thomas Dickey
bei --AT-- spamcop --DOT-- net      | Bob Izenberg

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=102856>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/