Re: [Savannah-dev] Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: what's going on with Savan

From: Christian BAYLE
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: what's going on with Savannah?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:23:21 +0200

Le mer 19/05/2004 à 04:33, Hugo Gayosso a écrit :
> Mathieu Roy <address@hidden> writes:
> > In fact, the FSF USA talked about security; but as Sylvain Beucler
> > already pointed out, this argument does not make sense. We should no
> > longer use most of the GNU project because they had security
> > holes. And, by the way, it remains to be demonstrated which security
> > problem Savane would poses.
> And let's not forget the security analysis done by Lorenzo proving
> that GForge had similar security issues.
Proof? We don't have any prooved exploit on Gforge, we have tens of
servers running publicly, and have never been informed of any exploit of
a server running Gforge.

Security is also a matter of how widely a plateform is used.

This doesn't mean of course there is a specific security problem with
savannah code, we all know there are tens of possibility to compromize a

We would all gain to improve the same plateform, but I understood Gna
wants to live it's own life. It's his choice, no problem for me.

I don't share the argument saying the two plateforms are very different,
but nobody is obliged to collaborate on a collaborative plateform.

Don't reject Savane problems on Gforge, please.