Re: [Savannah-hackers] Requesting help on Savannah?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Requesting help on Savannah?
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 10:31:24 -0400

    > As far as I know, Savannah is already nearly 'back to normal'; that
    > list consists of additional work we would like to do to improve
    > matters.

    In my opinion (and I think I speak for the rest of us when I say this)
    Savannah is not back to normal.  Not by a long shot.

You're seeing the glass as 5% empty--I see it as 95% full.
But I agree we should plan to get these things fixed.

    >From the TODO list, those would come under:

      * Create a web interface to manage CVSROOT directories (2 weeks)
      * Create a web interface to manage Download areas (4 weeks)
      * Mailman control from savannah.gnu.org's web interface (2 weeks)

    Now, to me, these items are more than just improvements; they are absolute
    requirements.

There's no need to argue about it--we will get them done.  If we don't
find volunteers to do these jobs, our sysadmins will do them.  I spoke
with Paul about it just now.

I also asked him to post a statement about these plans.