[Savannah-hackers] submission of craesh's Metronom - savannah.gnu.org

From: savannah . gnu . org
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of craesh's Metronom - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 20:48:46 -0400

A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Sacher Khoudari <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: craesh's Metronom
System name: cetronom
Type: GNU

First of all, I apologize for my bad english :)

Cetronom should be a simple, but flexible metronom, programed for Alsa and GTK.

There are various sequencers which provide a metronome (like Rosegarden), but
you can't run these metronomes by themselves if you just want to conenct your
keyboard to your MIDI-port and play something (e.g. though Fluidsynth). I've
just found one metronome (outside a bigger aplication), but it was programed
for Kylix, and you need extra libraries for it to run. So I decided to program
a metronome by myself, and I would like to make it avialable for other people.

You can download a almost-working version from this URL:

http://www.rzuser.uni-heidelberg.de/~skhoudar/cetronom.tar.bz2

There are some Alsa-issues pending, I still have to find out how to make it
send MIDI-events to a synth-device, and is some coding-work to do, but I'm sure
I'll get it to work in a few days (actually, i just spent this weekend on it).

Other Software Required:
Alsa (I'm running Alsa 1.0.4 and Kernel 2.6.4)
GTK 2, GLib 2

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/