[Savannah-hackers] [support #103148] rejected mailing list post with sou

From: Elfyn McBratney
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:46:27 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103148] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: 0
On: Wed 06/23/2004 at 00:43

Category:  None

Original Submission:  Some of the messages I try to post to mailing
lists are benging rejected.  Here is the bounce response from one:

<address@hidden>: does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550-Verification failed for <address@hidden>
550-Sent:     RCPT TO:<address@hidden>
550-Response: 550 "rejected because your SMTP server,,is in the RBL.
550 Sender verify failed
Giving up on

This does not always happen.  Some have been posted, however the last 5 were

Follow-up Comments

Date: Thu 06/24/2004 at 16:46       By: beu
Should we give it a try (the grumble) or ask the FSF sysadmins to do it?  I'm
thinking the latter as we don't really have the authority to have monty-python
removed from their RBL.

Date: Thu 06/24/2004 at 07:06       By: None
That kind of defeats the purpose of subscribing to a mailing list with my
sourceforge address.  I don't want my real address on the list.

Date: Wed 06/23/2004 at 18:58       By: Beuc
I guess we'll have to grumble at SF, because our mail server has no reason to
be in their RBL.

Date: Wed 06/23/2004 at 01:09       By: mjflick
It seems that is blackholed by, as noted in the bounce.

Basically, the email address you are using is not your authentic email address.
 Try sending to the list from another email address and that should fix the

CC List

CC Address                          | Comment
beu                                 | Added moi

For detailed info, follow this link: