Re: [Savannah-hackers] Access Through Firewall

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Access Through Firewall
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 23:04:32 +0200

We decided not to use pserver anymore because it lacks security. Hence, there is no chance we will support it again.

Also, I tested your command under MSys, and plink.exe seems to ignore all the arguments I pass to it. Maybe Cygwin's latest shell+console fixes this, but I cannot install it on that PC right now.

However,
cvs -d :ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/gcc co -r lno-branch gcc
should be the the correct command (yours fails with my version of CVS under GNU/Linux). Could you check whether that one works for you?

If it still fails, could you try with OpenSSH instead of plink?

Again, I find it strange that the firewall let the connection be established, and causes our CVS server to generate an error message, so I think it is not related to your firewall.

--
Sylvain