[Savannah-hackers] Re: Where to commit translations of web pages?

From: Страхиња Радић
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Where to commit translations of web pages?
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 10:43:35 +0200

(from www-discuss:)
Дана 2004.07.06 20:32, D. E. Evans је написао:
> What is it that you are trying to post?  Is it a translation?  If
> so, who is the translation coordinator and what is there response
> to this?  (If *you* are the translation coordinator, what did
> Masayuki say?)  If this is a web article original, what is the
> language?  If English, what is the subject of the content being
> posted, and from where was it obtained?

        It is (obviously :-) ) a translation to Serbian, I am the translation
coordinator for Serbian and the administrator of the `wwwsr' project. I suppose
Mr. Hatta follows the www-discuss and savannah-hackers mailing lists, and if
so, he should reply. The content is obtained from www.gnu.org and translated
(by me) to Serbian.

        I posted (`checked in') the new translated files to `wwwsr' project,
but they did not replicate on www.gnu.org. Therefore, I would like to know how
can this be achieved. Mr. Paul Fisher asked: "is the standard way of handling
translations of the website to make commits to the `www' project?" I then
replied: "should I commit to `www' project's repository instead?" That should
be it, pretty much. :-)

(from savannah-hackers:)
Дана 2004.07.07 21:02, Sylvain Beucler је написао:
> We do not have access to www.gnu.org, so I cannot reply to this
> question. However, I will ask the sysadmin for both an answer an a
> read-only access to www.gnu.org.

        I would like to *post* the translated files, so I can't see how
read-only would help.

Best regards,
Strahinya Radich