[Savannah-hackers] question about gpl

From: Edd Budulea
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] question about gpl
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 23:32:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I have search the net for this particular problem
and I have not found any advice.
The problem is this:
I am writing some code in verilog and I intend to put
it under GPL. In this case the silicon chips that will
be made by anyone who uses this code will be GPL?
The big difference between a normal program and a
verilog program is that compiled verilog can be used
to create harware components, are this hardware
components under GPL?