[Savannah-hackers] Re: commit-grub mailinglist

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 02:27:08 +0200

[Cc: to savannah-hackers]

On Saturday 07 August 2004 15:45, Marco Gerards wrote:
> A while ago we talked fixing the grub-commit mailinglist.  If I
> remember correctly you also wanted to see this fixed.  I have asked
> Jeff Bailey if he could do that for us.
>
> He contacted the savannah hackers for us (and for some other projects
> as well).  The savannah hackers just don't want to fix this until the
> GRUB maintainer (I assume that is only you) acknowledges he wants to
> see it fixed.
>
> So can you please contact savannah-hackers if you want to see this
> fixed?

Sure, but that sounds a strange policy to me. Why do savannah hackers
need a confirmation of a bug report, even though the presence of the
bug is obvious? I really don't understand the policy of Savannah well.

Savannah hackers: Could you give me a description about your policy?
Don't you fix a bug if any GNU maintainer does not say that the bug is
important?

Okuji