Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Plone Commerce Components - savanna

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Plone Commerce Components - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 19:31:01 +0100

On Tue, Jul 20, 2004 at 08:58:22AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> Doug Winter <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: Plone Commerce Components
> System name: plonecommerce
> Type: non-GNU

> The project comprises a number of Zope Products (so far, 3 products)
> to provide commerce functionality for Plone-based websites.
>
> The components provide integration with credit-card charging agencies,
> order encapsulation and subscription management.  The subscription
> management product is for sites that wish to charge for access to
> content - it manages role transitions, email reminders and so forth.
>
> You can see a preliminary version of the code at:
>
> http://adju.st/tmp/ploneServices.tar
>
> We haven't added the GPL notice to the code yet.

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously
under the GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
statements at the beginning of every file of source code.

In addition, if you haven't already, please copy a copy of the plain
text version of the GPL, available from
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt), into a file named "COPYING".

Additional instructions are available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, go to
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude.

Please remove GIF image files from your project and replace them
with an other format (such as PNG or JPEG).

Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW compression
algorithm which are used when making GIF files, it's impossible to
have free software to generate proper GIFs.  They also apply to the
compress program.

For more information read http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html

> Other Software Required:
> Python, Zope, Plone.  All Free.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

Elfyn McBratney
beu on irc.freenode.net/savannah.[non]gnu.org

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4