[Savannah-hackers] AVRDUDE 'make' errors on MacOS X

From: Ross
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] AVRDUDE 'make' errors on MacOS X
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 11:34:59 -0400

Hi - a quick question on AVRDUDE install.

I followed the method outlined in the documentation file "Installing the GNU tool chain" namely....

$ gunzip -c avrdude-<version>.tar.gz | tar xf -
$ cd avrdude-<version>
$ mkdir obj-avr
$ cd obj-avr
$ ../configure --prefix=$PREFIX
$ make
$ make install

This approach worked great for all the other pieces avr-gcc, binutils, uisp but when it comes to the AVRDUDE, the configure seems to work fine, but when I run the 'make' command, I get the following feedback...

$ make
make  all-recursive
Making all in doc
mkdir -p avrdude-html
texi2html -split_node ../../doc/avrdude.texi
mv *.html avrdude-html
mv: rename *.html to avrdude-html/*.html: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [html] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

It looks like some sort of directory changing mv or rename thing. I don't know why this would fail for me uniquely, I would have thought this would fail for everyone. I running OSX 3.5.2 and using a bash shell. It fails the same on avrdude-3.3.0 and 3.4.0

Is this a bug, or need I use some other approach to running make.

PS. How is avrdude different than uisp??? Are they analogous or is there a different feature set.

Regards,

Ross.