[Savannah-hackers] Changes have blocked webmaster's access again

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Changes have blocked webmaster's access again
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 19:39:23 -0400

Please help David Evans regain access.

Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:39:40 -0600
From: "D. E. Evans" <address@hidden>
To: Derek Chen-Becker <address@hidden>
Cc: "Richard M. Stallman" <address@hidden>
Subject: issues

Due to a tcp packet issue with the new kernels (2.6.7) installed
to agia, fencepost, savannah, and rt, I am unable to access these
sites.  I am therefore unable to perform most of my webmaster duties.

After two weeks, the sysadmins have found a way to restore my
shell access to fencepost, so I can work on the repository there
(the tcp issue also seems to affect my being able to download the
repository to my home system), and so I can finally not get
authentication errors when trying to get my gnu email.

However, I can't do anything that requires logging into savannah
(meaning I can't add or remove or modify the group settings for
www), rt (meaning I can't properly handle email sent to
webmasters), or the www-discuss administration interface.

Derek, will you modify the rt scrip, and remove me from answering
email until I notify you that the problem is resolved?  Also, we
have a new webmaster that I am unable to check if he has access for
www-discuss and savannah (the repository), nor am I able to setup
his rt account so that he can start handling webmasters tickets.
Will you work with him to make sure all this is setup?

- --
D. E. Evans <address@hidden>
<http://www.deevans.net>