[Savannah-hackers] disable Request for Inclusion

From: Yoshinori K. Okuji
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] disable Request for Inclusion
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:05:17 +0200

Hello,

I'd like to disable the feature "Request for Inclusion" against my
project (GRUB). Is this possible?

In my experience, this feature is not very useful but rather annoying.
Most people who did this request to GRUB were always very ambiguous
about what they wanted to do. As far as I see, they even don't
understand what "Request for Inclusion" is.

Since inclusion gives them write permission to the CVS, I cannot accept
their requests unless I know them very well. And, if I know them well,
they normally don't have to send any request from the web interface,
because we talk in a different place (such as IRC) so I know who should
be included in my project.

It might be better to show a message instead of just disabling it. For
example, I'd like to display this kind of message when a user tries to
be included in our project:

Thank you for your interest on our project. Please subscribe to the
mailing list address@hidden for discussion. You can get other useful
information from blah blah...

Okuji