[Savannah-hackers] moving groff CVS & mailing lists to savannah

From: Werner LEMBERG
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 08:03:55 +0200 (CEST)

The last few years groff has been hosted at ffii.org.  Now there are
new maintainers but they are restricting themselves to the current
activities of FFII, namely to fight against software patents.  They
asked me to move groff to savannah, so here I am.

How shall I proceed?  IMHO the following tasks should be performed:

  CVS:

    . The complete groff CVS should be moved (including the attic
      files).  It's probably easiest to create an account on ffii.org
      for the savannah maintainers with proper access rights so that
      they simply can do an `scp' command to get everything.

    . Until the last few weeks there was a small script which produced
      daily snapshots of the CVS archive, together with a diff file
      relative to the last official release.  I assume that something
      similar can be run under savannah also, right?

  Mailing lists (this isn't as urgent as the CVS problem):

    . The complete `groff' mailing list archive should be moved too,
      but due to massive spam attacks the mbox files should be first
      sent through a mailing filter to remove all spam.  With other
      words, the HTML representation of the groff mailing list archive
      should *not* be copied to savannah but regenerated from scratch.

    . All mailing list members (from `groff' and `groff-commit') should
      be moved.

    . Finally, the forwarding from address@hidden to address@hidden
      should be reversed.

Have I missed something?  Please help.