Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Magnus - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Xavier Nicolovici
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Magnus - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 17:01:54 +0200

Tim Daly < address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: Package: Magnus
System name: magnus
Type: non-GNU

Magnus is a GPL computer algebra system in the special area
of Infinite Group Theory which has been developed over the
last 10 years. The software can be found at:
http://zebra.sci.ccny.cuny.edu/web/nygtc/software/aboutmagnus.html

We are in the process of expanding this software to include a
larger base of users and need the mail/cvs/etc hosting facilities
that you provide. We do not have the expertise to maintain such
facilities ourselves.

Magnus is used by research mathematicians to solve problems involving finitely presented groups which occur in such areas
as physics and cryptography.
.

In order to release your project properly and unambiguously
under the GPL, please place copyright notices and permission-to-copy
statements at the beginning of every file of source code.

Some of your project source code files have incomplete
(./back_end/general/src/DArray.C) or no copyright notices and
permission-to-copy headers (/back_end/Enumerators/include/FreeListProblems.h).

Additional instructions are available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed. To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, go to
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an (temporary) updated tarball of your project. Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

Regards,

Xavier Nicolovici