Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of LAN message system - savannah.nongn

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of LAN message system - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:05:24 +0200

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

The principle is simple: when you add a feature to the Windows
version, then the version that runs on a free operating system must
have that feature as well.

Although I cannot compete with you when discussing the technical details of
'message', I think the GNU/Linux version should:
- get a GUI; maybe zenithy can do the trick, but maybe you need some Gtk+ code
to create the dialog I saw under Windows
- localise the application; either your own way, or through gettext, that does
not matter
- integrate it in the environment, ie implement the 'tray icon'; I think xMule
does something similar with Gnome and KDE, so you could study how they do it,
but I am not sure

Do you see my point?

--
Sylvain