[Savannah-hackers] adcd and linux

From: Antonio Diaz Diaz
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] adcd and linux
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 19:31:16 +0200

Michael J. Flickinger wrote:
I approved your project (as nongnu).  You will receive an automated e-mail
containing detailed information about the approval.

Thanks.

One quick note, now that your project is approved, could you please change the project's name to not include the reference to Linux.

"Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system
that we like to refer to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize
the ideals of the Free Software movement.

Would you mind changing references to Linux as an OS
to GNU/Linux?

I know all this (I am a GNU maintainer) and agree with it. But adcd is really a player for linux (the kernel). It does not work with any other kernel just now.

What if the user want to compile it in a BSD/Linux system (BSD userland + Linux kernel)?

If a reference to Linux in the project's name is too offensive for Savannah I can remove it and state the linux requirement in the documentation. Linux is not an OS, but GNU/Linux is not a kernel.

Best regards,
Antonio Diaz.