[Savannah-hackers] Problems with CVS on subversions.gnu.org

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Problems with CVS on subversions.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 22:25:12 +0200

I have noticed a few problems with CVS lately.

I use pcl-cvs from emacs, but the problems are cvs related.

1) M-x cvs-examine fails:

I have this in ~/.cvsrc:

  cvs -z6

When I run cvs-examine on emacs repository, I get this result:

Repository : address@hidden:/cvsroot/emacs
Module     : emacs
Working dir: ~/gnu/emacs/

Message: cvs [update aborted]: reading from server: Input/output error
Message: cvs update: inflate: unknown compression method

The command run is:

-- Running cvs -f -z6 -n update -d -P ...

Running M-x cvs-update in the same directory works ok;
the command run is

-- Running cvs -f -z6 update -d -P ...

Maybe -z6 -n is interpreted as one argument like -z"6 -n" ??

2) M-x cvs-examine complains about -l option:

If I remove that line from ~/.cvsrc (so it is empty), and runs
cvs-examine, it completes, but this message is shown:

In directory .:
Message: cvs server: WARNING: global `-l' option ignored.

The command run is:

-- Running cvs -f -n update -d -P ...