[Savannah-hackers] [support #103380] Savannah MTA seems to request VRFY

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #103380] Savannah MTA seems to request VRFY info before accepting mail
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 17:12:57 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103380] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Tue 09/21/2004 at 21:05 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
         Assigned to | None                      | Beuc

I forwarded the request to the system administrators, who are in charge of the
mail system (we don't have access there).

[support #103380] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Jesus M. Gonzalez-Barahona
On: Mon 09/20/2004 at 22:21

Category:  Mail server

Original Submission:  We are having a user of our mailing lists who is trying
to send mail to it, but the Savannah mail server seems to reject accepting it,
apparently because it is asking for VRFY info to the user's MTA. The user's MTA
dod not support VRFY for security reasons. We wonder whether this VRFY check
can be avoided. This is blocking for us because the messages by that user are
important for the project. The user is address@hidden

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Tue 09/21/2004 at 21:05       By: Sylvain Beucler <Beuc>
I forwarded the request to the system administrators, who are in charge of the
mail system (we don't have access there).

CC List
-------

CC Address                          | Comment
dmegias --AT-- uoc --DOT-- edu      |

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103380>

  Message sent via/by Savannah