[gnu.org #210910] address@hidden: [Savannah-hackers] Upload of pages to

From: James Blair via RT
Subject: [gnu.org #210910] address@hidden: [Savannah-hackers] Upload of pages to www.gnu.org/software/paxutils]
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:24:04 -0400

> address@hidden - Wed Sep 22 12:25:46 2004]:

> On Wednesday 22 Sep 2004 16:04, James Blair via RT wrote:
> > > address@hidden - Tue Sep 21 17:40:18 2004]:
> > >
> > > Hello Jim and Paul,
> > >
> > > Could you check if there is something wrong with .symlinks?
> >
> > They only take effect once a day (server restart required).  Seems
> fine
> > now.
>
> Ehm, that's a little _too_ low, isn't it?  Savannah has gone from
> mostly
> real-time, to once a day jobs, slow webcvs updates, mail that takes
> yonks to
> deliver, etc...  Will sync-on-commit take care of the first two?  What
> is the
> status of that btw?

The symlink system has been as it is now since well before the
compromise of Savannah.  I could see about making the update more
frequent (say hourly).

We've improved the speed situation on the web server, so I think webcvs
updates should be moving faster now.

This is the first I've heard about yonky mail.  All of my mail goes
through gnu.org machines, and it seems real-time.

> It's been months since it was 'ready to go next week'..

Paul tells me that the components have been written and need to be
tested.  Do you have test project with web space you would like to use
for this?

Realistically, I don't expect to be able to work on this until next week
at the earliest.

-Jim