[Savannah-hackers] submission of Journal: The Editor - savannah.nongnu.o

From: peepy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Journal: The Editor - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:08:34 -0400

Párkányi Péter <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Journal: The Editor
System name: journal
Type: non-GNU

Journal is a text editor had written in Java using the SWT library, ant, JFace,
and bash. It have all the base editor functions (cut,save,copy,etc.).It can use
plugins(no API spec. unfortunately), and languages. It builds by an ant script
what generates a runner script(had written in bash). There are only one release
at the moment, and it's using JFace as i told above. Because JFace needs the
Eclipse runtime, it will be replaced by an own stuff soon(in the next release
perhaps). The base package contains a configurator plugin, English, Hungarian,
and German languages, and some icons. The icons haven't made by me. For more
information see icons/icons.txt. You can download the tar compressed by bzip2
from http://peepy.uw.hu/journal/files/journal0.1.tar.bz2 . Every error messages
logged in $HOME/.journal.log .That's all, I think.

Other Software Required:
- SWT(included)
- JFace(included)
- Eclipse runtime(included)
- Ant with all the tasks
- Java virtual machine(GCJ will supported in the future, the Sun version
reccomended, but it works with others, too)
- GTK(or something Motif but when Motif, it needs to change the SWT lib.)
- Java compiler(javac and/or jikes)

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/