Re: [Savannah-hackers] Merging two projects (classpath and cp-tools)

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Merging two projects (classpath and cp-tools)
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 18:29:49 +0200

Hi,

Wow, you are fast! Thanks.

On Sun, 2004-10-03 at 15:51, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 08:26:24PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > Would it be possible to merge cp-tools into classpath?
> > As far as I can see this means the following things:
> >
> > - All developers of the cp-tools project are already part of classpath.
> >   If someone is missing I can easily add them by hand.
> > - The mailinglist need to be attached to the classpath project
> >   cp-tools-commit cp-tools-discuss
> >   this can be done by hand.
>
> Done.

Check.

> > - Move cp-tools CVS modules
> >   automakejar cp-tools gjdoc texinfo-doclet
> >   under classpath CVS software.
>
> Done.

Check. I will send updated CVS checkout instructions to the list.

> >   Is it possible to make commit messages for these modules go to the
> >   cp-tools-commit mailinglist?
>
> Yes, done.

I just added a README file to the automakejar module.
But haven't seen a commit message on address@hidden

> > - We can move the three webpages from cp-tools into classpath CVS
> >   webpages by hand easily. They will then appear under
> >   http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/cp-tools/
>
> Done.

Check.

> >   Is it possible to make http://www.gnu.org/software/cp-tools/
> >   auto direct to that new location?
>
> I'll ask the www.gnu.org admins to use some mod_rewrite.

Thanks.

> > - The tasks, patches and bug tracker items must be moved to the
> >   classpath trackers. If this isn't possible automatically then
> >   we can do it by hand for the open items, there aren't that many.
>
> It seems possible. However, I have to make some non-trivial changes
> because some the "Category" field values are not the same. I'll will
> try the changes on my test install first (later because I do not have
> access to it right now).

Please let me know if this is much work. It can be done by hand if
necessary. That way we also get a chance to see all open items and make
sure they are still valid. So it won't be completely wasted time.

> > Is the above possible?
> > Is there any way I can help make this merge easier?
>
> Yes, please test if everything is ok :)

Except for the commit messages going to the mailinglist everything seems
to work fine. Thanks a lot for your work making this go so fast and
smoothly!

Cheers,

Mark