Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Heuristic Hydrothermal Optimizer -

From: Leonardo Martins
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Heuristic Hydrothermal Optimizer - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 10:17:44 -0300

Thanks for your attention.

I have tree comments regarding the notices you used :

- "* Copyright (C) 2004 Leonardo Martins. All rights reserved."
It should be "* Copyright (C) 2004  Leonardo Martins"
You should not add "All rights reserved", since you giving the users
some rights through the mBSD.

Corrected.

- ./include/h2o/xml/xml.h and ./include/h2o/xml/reader.h are released
under the GNU GPL, which basically should make your whole project
under the GNU GPL. Is this normal?

That was an error. Since I was to release H2O under GNU GPL I forgot
to change the notice in those files. It is already corrected and updated
to mBSD.

- The files in data/ should also carry a copyright and license
notice. Any file more than 10 lines long have to carry such notice to
avoid legal issues.

Another error. H2O is not supposed to distribute data files as they
are concerned with specific cases. Those data is related to Brazilian
Hydroelectric System and should not be released. I have already
extracted them from the tarball. However, the DTD files have been
updated with the copyright notice.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

The updated tarball is at the same provided URL:
http://www.nepe.eee.ufg.br/users/~lmartins/h2o/h2o.tar.gz

Please, let me know of any other open issue.
Thanks.

Leonardo Martins
Universidade Federal de Goiás, Brazil