Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Crack-Attack! - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Alaska Subedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Crack-Attack! - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 23:49:10 -0400

Andrew Sayman wrote:
On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 19:15 -0400, Alaska Subedi wrote:

  <snip>Project description</snip>

Please tell us what OpenGL and GLUT you plan to use - SGI's are
proprietary, despite they describe their license as "liberal".

I've been primarily testing it against the Mesa3D implementations that
come with xorg-x11. They appear to be under the X11 license and the GPL.
The glu.h that comes with it seems to be licensed under:
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/FreeB . Is there another library that is
preferred?

We prefer freeglut or OpenGLUT.

Also, the header files lack copyright and license notices. Every file
larger than 10 lines should include these notices. Please see
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html for more information.

I don't control the source repository that I linked to for crack-attack,
so should I find an interim place to put the changed source or send it
to you somehow?

Could you please send me a tarball with fixed headers? That won't be extra work because you can use it as a source base to be put in Savannah.

Thanks,

Alaska Subedi