[Savannah-hackers] [support #103456] cvs checkin: permission denied

From: Hollis Blanchard
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #103456] cvs checkin: permission denied
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 10:21:35 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103456] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Hollis Blanchard <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Mon 10/11/2004 at 14:14 (America/Chicago)

Sorry to bother you, it was user error. I was in an old tree that I had checked
out anonymously...

[support #103456] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: Hollis Blanchard
On: Sun 10/10/2004 at 17:14

Category:  Developer CVS

Original Submission:  Project "grub", module "grub2":

$ cvs ci ChangeLog boot/powerpc/ieee1275/cmain.c boot/powerpc/ieee1275/crt0.S
include/grub/powerpc/ieee1275/ieee1275.h
Checking in ChangeLog;
/cvsroot/grub/grub2/ChangeLog,v  <--  ChangeLog
cvs [commit aborted]: could not open lock file
`/cvsroot/grub/grub2/,ChangeLog,': Permission denied
cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvsTaBg9I

I was able to check in successfully two days ago...

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Mon 10/11/2004 at 14:14       By: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb>

Date: Sun 10/10/2004 at 22:14       By: Sylvain Beucler <Beuc>
I impersonated you (by copying my public key next to yours in the system) and I
tried:
- to commit a new file in grub2/
- to commit changes to a copy of ChangeLog
- to commit changes to ChangeLog (which I then replaced by a backup)

So it seems to work. Do you still experience this issue?

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103456>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/