[Savannah-hackers] [support #103487] CVS Directories

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] [support #103487] CVS Directories
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:44:59 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the support tracker
 of the project: Savannah Administration.

[support #103487] Latest Modifications:

Changes by:
                Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>
'Date:
                Mon 10/18/2004 at 14:37 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Done
         Assigned to | None                      | Beuc
              Status | Open                      | Closed

They were created today:

drwxrwxr-x    2 nobody   nogroup      4096 Oct 18 05:37 BibOrbCVS
drwxrwxr-x    2 nobody   nogroup      4096 Oct 18 05:25 My Documents

CVS was not properly updated in the beginning of the month, enabling anonymous
users to create top-level directories (not the ability to change the existing
ones).

This is fixed now. Apologies for the inconvenience.

[support #103487] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Savannah Administration
Submitted by: 0
On: Mon 10/18/2004 at 12:30

Category:  Developer CVS

Original Submission:  I am the project manager of biborb. I have just noticed
that weird directories are displayed in the ViewCVS access
(http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/biborb/#dirlist): BibOrbCVS and My
Documents were never added by me! and I am not sure that I have the
authorization to do so. There is no other developer on this project so this
look really odd to me.

Would it be possible to have more information about when and who created these
directories? would it be possible to delete them?

Regards

Guillaume Gardey

Follow-up Comments
------------------

Date: Mon 10/18/2004 at 14:37       By: Sylvain Beucler <Beuc>
They were created today:

drwxrwxr-x    2 nobody   nogroup      4096 Oct 18 05:37 BibOrbCVS
drwxrwxr-x    2 nobody   nogroup      4096 Oct 18 05:25 My Documents

CVS was not properly updated in the beginning of the month, enabling anonymous
users to create top-level directories (not the ability to change the existing
ones).

This is fixed now. Apologies for the inconvenience.

CC List
-------

CC Address                          | Comment
ggardey --AT-- club-internet --DOT-- fr |

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=103487>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/