Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Distributed Library Project - savan

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Distributed Library Project - savannah
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:23:54 -0300

"Steffen Bauch" <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Jonathan Gonzalez V.) schrieb am 17.10.2004 02:25:36:
>
>> Hi Steffen Bauc:
>>
>> I reviewed your Distributed Library Project (dlp), and there's some
>> licenses problems.
>>
>> The Copyright Notices and License Notices are not in good conditions,
>> please check the GPL-Howto about how to use the GPL license:
>> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html
>>
>> The INSTALL file is a documentation file so, would you be accord in
>> put it under the GNU FDL? you can check the license and how to use in
>> this URL: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html
>>
>> In images/ directory you have some GIF image, please remove theses GIF
>> image files from your project and replace them with an other format
>> (such as PNG or JPEG).
>>
>> Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW compression
>> algorithm which are used when making GIF files, it's impossible to
>> have free software to generate proper GIFs.  These patents also apply
>> to the compress program.
>>
>> For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html.
>
> We prepared a version that is compliant to the savannah rules (Licence
> information corrected, gifs replaced)
>
> http://chinabone.lth.bclub.org.uk/~saul/docs/code/savannah-rel/dlp-0.6.tar.gz
>
>> About the site at SourceForge.net we would like to see it closed since
>> we do not allow mirroring; until the SourceForge support close it
>> please modify the project description and web page to point to the
>> Savannah as the new home.
>
> We will remove the SourceForge site as soon as the savannah site is up.
>
> I hope all this is enough to get the savannah site up.

Hi Steffen Bauc:

I reviewed your updated source code and you still having files without
Copyright and Notices License, you have to remember that any file with
more than 10 lines should carry on a Copyright and Notices
License. Consider to change the '(c)' for a '(C)' in the Copyright
License, you have many files with '(c)'.

The COPYING file should contain just the text version of the GNU GPL,
you can get this text version from http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt.

I'll wait for your updated tarball.