Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Distributed Library Project - savan

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Distributed Library Project - savannah
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:23:54 -0300

"Steffen Bauch" <address@hidden> writes:

> address@hidden (Jonathan Gonzalez V.) schrieb am 17.10.2004 02:25:36:
>> Hi Steffen Bauc:
>> I reviewed your Distributed Library Project (dlp), and there's some
>> licenses problems.
>> The Copyright Notices and License Notices are not in good conditions,
>> please check the GPL-Howto about how to use the GPL license:
>> The INSTALL file is a documentation file so, would you be accord in
>> put it under the GNU FDL? you can check the license and how to use in
>> this URL:
>> In images/ directory you have some GIF image, please remove theses GIF
>> image files from your project and replace them with an other format
>> (such as PNG or JPEG).
>> Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW compression
>> algorithm which are used when making GIF files, it's impossible to
>> have free software to generate proper GIFs.  These patents also apply
>> to the compress program.
>> For more information, see
> We prepared a version that is compliant to the savannah rules (Licence
> information corrected, gifs replaced)
>> About the site at we would like to see it closed since
>> we do not allow mirroring; until the SourceForge support close it
>> please modify the project description and web page to point to the
>> Savannah as the new home.
> We will remove the SourceForge site as soon as the savannah site is up.
> I hope all this is enough to get the savannah site up.

Hi Steffen Bauc:

I reviewed your updated source code and you still having files without
Copyright and Notices License, you have to remember that any file with
more than 10 lines should carry on a Copyright and Notices
License. Consider to change the '(c)' for a '(C)' in the Copyright
License, you have many files with '(c)'.

The COPYING file should contain just the text version of the GNU GPL,
you can get this text version from

I'll wait for your updated tarball.