Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of libtongues - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of libtongues - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 14:12:46 -0300

> Project Admins: Francis Tyers <address@hidden> ;
>
> Registration Date: Fri 11/12/04 at 08:37
>
> System Group Name: libtongues
> Submitted Description: A library for the automated recognition of
> natural (i.e. human) language from a block of text. Written in C with
> glib. There is currently no sourcecode available. The library will use
> a number of different algorithms (depending on the sample size) to
> determine the language of the test. Including but not limited to ngram
> based recognition, special character recognition, phoenetic
> recognition.
>
> Required software: glib (from gtk+)

Hi Francis Tyers:

Can you send us more information about your project? we wish to know
what platforms you will support, more about the dependence you will
add in the future, you said that will use different algorithms, are
this algorithms licensed or you will write them by yourself?.

When you write the code you have to know that to release your program
properly under the GPL you must include a copyright notice and
permission-to-copy statements at the beginning of every file of source
code. This is explained in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.
Our review would help catch potential omissions such as these.