[Savannah-hackers] submission of coold - Athlon XP cooler daemon - savan

From: bmg300
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of coold - Athlon XP cooler daemon - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:53:26 -0500

Brian Gunlogson <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: coold - Athlon XP cooler daemon
System name: coold
Type: non-GNU

The name of the software is coold. Its purpose is to cool Athlon XPs (and
possibly others) by setting the PCI enable HLT instruction register only when
CPU useage is low.

coold serves the same purpose of lvcool and was inspired by it.
(http://vcool.occludo.net/VC_Linux.html) lvcool did not support my CPU nor the
shutoff feature I wanted.

The project is GPL and was written completely by me. Currently there is one C
source file and a simple makefile.

I don't have any active webspace so I'd prefer not to submit the source until
after I have established space here. Heh, I didn't copy ;) the only other
project I know of like mine is lvcool which doesn't work with my CPU.

Other Software Required:
libstatgrab: http://www.i-scream.org/libstatgrab/
setpci: http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/pciutils.shtml

Other Comments: