Re: [Savannah-hackers] Erroneous CVS commit report

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Erroneous CVS commit report
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 11:48:06 -0500

    I think it is a bug in commit_prep+log_accum, basically it seems it
    doesn't remove its temporary files after the notification. Although it
    uses a random number as a suffix, sometimes the random number matches
    an old one and generates an unappropriate diff.

    You may consider to ask Corvus or Ward (I think Corvus worked on
    tuning commit_prep+log_accum to Savannah, and Ward to the way it sends
    mail) to fix the issue,

If you find a bug in the software on Savannah, can you please make a
practice of taking responsibility to get it fixed?  That's part of
what it means to operate an activity; it includes overseeing the
repair of any problems.

Thus, having debugged it to a problem that needs a sysadmin,
you should take the next step of reporting it to the sysadmin,
and verifying that it does get fixed.

Would you please do that now, and do likewise in the future?
In the future, any time there is a bug that only the sysadmins
can fix, please tell them right away.

Ok?

If you ask the sysadmins but they don't respond, that's a different
kind of situation.  First you should try telling them again.  If they
still don't respond, you should tell me, so that I can tell them to
pay attention.  But this issue hasn't reached that stage yet.  This is
at the stage where you should simply send a bug report to sysadmin and
ask them to fix it.