[Savannah-hackers] submission of Internet Point Client Server - savannah

From: axa1981
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Internet Point Client Server - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:28:47 -0500

Paolo Sacconier <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Internet Point Client Server
System name: ipocs
Type: non-GNU

Ipocs stands for "Internet Point Client Server".
Its purpose is to simplify users management and accounting in a small
network environment such as an Internet Point.

It provides:
- a client-server structured deamon system to manage the machines in the
network
- a simple administration GUI (to control server's deamon) that allows
users' creation, deletion, session management and accounting
- a client GUI for event notification

It was born to administer a small internet café in a youth center located
in Breza (near Sarajevo - Bosnia i Hercegovina), but it aims to become a
flexible and portable framework, not just a custom solution - and to reach
this target it is necessary to share ideas and effort with the community.

Our objective is to develop a portable and easy to deploy solution based
on existing technology (currently we are using PAM, LDAP, SSL and QT) for
desktop and small busineses users, that will do users management across
machines in a LAN just work.

We are now writing deamons in perl and guis in python as fast prototyping
languages to have a working implementation to be installed and tested
(mainly in Breza's Internet Point). Future plans may include integration
of gui apps in major desktop environments and documents of protocols
standardization writing.

Here are the URLs of current snapshots:
http://tina.polito.it/~axa/stuff/ipocs-client-0.5.tar.bz2
http://tina.polito.it/~axa/stuff/ipocs-management-0.5.tar.bz2
http://tina.polito.it/~axa/stuff/ipocs-common-0.5.tar.bz2
http://tina.polito.it/~axa/stuff/ipocs-server-0.5.tar.bz2
http://tina.polito.it/~axa/stuff/ipocs-portage-overlay.tar.bz2

Other Software Required:
Detailed dependencies can be found in gentoo ebuilds from
ipocs-portage-overlay.tar.bz2.

Here is a brief listing:
 - python
 - pyqt
 - qt
 - perl
 - ssl perl wrapper
 - ldap
 - ldap perl wrapper
 - pam
 - kde (as required installed environment, be we don't depend on kdelibs
actually)

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/