Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Waram - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Waram - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:53:13 -0300

address@hidden writes:

Hi Kamba Lupeke,

Please remove GIF image files from your project and replace them with an
other format (such as PNG or JPEG).

Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW compression
algorithm which are used when making GIF files, it's impossible to have
free software to generate proper GIFs.  These patents also apply to the
compress program.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html.

As I see in your tarball you have included three or four dependencies,
this doesn't help to a user to maintain the project and the dependencies
separated and increase the size of your package, consider to change
this modifying the source code to use these dependencies out of your
tarball.

On the other hand all the files of your project have the Copyright and
Notices License missing. Any file with more than 10 lines should carry
on a Copyright and Notices License, this rules include: shell scripts,
HTML files, php files, etc. To learn how to apply the GNU GPL take a
look to this URL:

     http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html

To avoid any confusion about how to apply the Copyright and Notices
license, consider to read these URLs too:

     http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
     http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices.html

With these changes we can approve your project as non-gnu. I'll wait
your updated tarball.